Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Vote for my Google Product Ideas!

I have submitted some ideas for enhancements in Google Apps.
My idea for Google Documents:
"Have the prevalent page settings (A4 / Letter) for a country automatically set as default, according to the user's country settings."
The reason for this idea is that, whenever I want to print a document, it prints a PDF in Letter size, because of its default settings:

print_settings
However, the standard paper format in Europe is A4. Google should be able to know what the Country’s settings are and at least allow you to change the default paper size.
For Google Spreadsheets, I asked for a better sort function:
"Have a sort function to sort just like in Excel: first this column ascending/descending, then the other column, etc. The current sort function (one column only) does appear to be ready for the real business experience. Yet ;)"
Spreadsheets only has a very basic sort functionality: select a column and sort the whole sheet from A-Z or from Z-A. However, I often would need to sort multiple columns in order of priority. This is currently not possible.
Lastly, another idea for Spreadsheets that has to do with filtering data:
Have a functionality like Excel AutoFilter where you can filter columns based on values or Custom queries like 'Show rows where A1 equals...', etc.
IMHO, Spreadsheets does a poor job when it comes to filtering columns.
Feel free to vote for my ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment